AQUADUR is a two-component, water based, epoxy coating. It has a track record of more than 20 years of successful use as primer for the HYPERDESMO® line of products, as well as other ALCHIMICATM polyurethane based products. It is certified as “Class III” water and humidity barrier, which makes it ideal for applications subject to negative pressure/rising humidity. An easy to use and safe (zero VOC) product with many applications besides priming. Properly chosen sealants can cause staining or etching of the substrate and loss of sealant adhesion.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Highly effective water/humidity barrier.
- Easy application (water based).
- Low-odor, safe and non-flammable (zero VOC).
- Suitable for application in closed spaces.
- Easy clean-up.Strong adhesion even on damp or green concrete.
- Also on iron, galvanized steel, aluminium, glass and wood.
- Good mechanical properties and abrasion resistance.
• Primer in applications with rising humidity /negative pressure (tanks, pools, foundations etc.),
• primer for other systems, e.g. epoxy or polyurethane based, cementitious,
• sealing coat for concrete,
• adhesive layer between old and new concrete,
• water / humidity barrier.